¤ Home » News » Business News
India Business News - courtesy NDTV
- Mark Zuckerberg Ranked As World's Fifth Richest Person
The social networking giant has been showing positive results since the beginning of 2017. Its shares have risen more than 50 per cent and reached two billion monthly users across the globe.
Posted on:28 Jul 2017 at 12:36am
- Jio Differs With Industry Body's Views On Interconnection Usage Charges
Jio said COAI's views in its letter are completely against the "interests of consumers, anti-competitive and hinder the adoption of newer technology".
Posted on:28 Jul 2017 at 12:18am
- Coal Utilities Seek State Funds Or Tariff Hike To Reduce Emissions
Thermal power companies account for 80 per cent of all industrial emissions of particulate matter, sulphur and nitrous oxides.
Posted on:28 Jul 2017 at 12:01am
- Amazon Q2 Revenue Jumps 25% To $38 Billion, But Profit Plunges
Amazon.com Inc posted a second-quarter revenue of $38 billion, up 25 per cent from a year earlier. The breakneck growth stood in contrast to the fate of many brick-and-mortar rivals, who have...
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 11:53pm
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos Becomes World's Richest Person, But Briefly
Amazon has been expanding from its original mission as anonline retailer to a diversified tech firm in cloud computing,online video, computer hardware and artificial intelligence.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 11:35pm
- Trading Calls: Buy Bharat Financial, IGL, Say Experts
Weakness in pharma, metal, realty and banking stocks weighed on the broader markets in early morning deals.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 11:21pm
- Sensex Falls 200 Points, Nifty Below 10,000; Pharma, Banking Shares Drag
Pharma and banking shares witnessed selling pressure after some disappointing quarterly earnings.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 11:15pm
- ICICI Bank Reports 8% Drop In Q1 Profit
It added gross non-performing loans of Rs 4,975 crore in the quarter, which Chief Executive Chanda Kochhar said was the lowest in seven quarters.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
- Asian Shares Pull Back After US Techs Knocked Off Highs
MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan fell 0.4 percent in early trade. Japan's Nikkei shed 0.3 percent.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 9:36pm
- Company Law Tribunal Approves Dish TV-Videocon D2h Merger
Dish TV has an active subscriber base of 15.5 million, while that of Videocon d2h stands at around 12.2 million. The DTH industry has around 62 million active subscribers.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 12:02pm
- NTT Communications Unaffected By Tata-DoCoMo Issue, Pumps In $160 Million
NTT DoCoMo, in November 2008, acquired 26.5 per cent stake in Tata Teleservices for about Rs 12,740 crore (at Rs 117 per share), offering services under the Tata DoCoMo brand.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 11:09am
- Falling Trade Deficit Opens Space To Reduce Gold Import Duty: Official
Government raised import duties on gold to 10 percent in a series of hikes to August 2013, looking to curb demand to narrow a gaping current account deficit.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 10:26am
- Lok Sabha Clears Bill To Amend Companies Law
The bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha in March 2016 and then referred to the Standing Committee on Finance.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 10:08am
- Lower Gas Price Dents ONGC, Profit Slips 8% In June Quarter
Revenue was up at Rs 19,073.54 crore from Rs 17,784.75 crore in the first quarter of the previous fiscal.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 9:37am
- ITC First-Quarter Profit Rises 7%, Misses Estimates
Profit rose to Rs 2,561 crore in its first quarter ended June 30, from Rs 2,385 crore a year earlier, India's biggest cigarettes maker said on Thursday.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 8:37am
- ONGC Confirms Government Slapping It, RIL With $3.9 Billion Demand
The demand notice pertains to interpretation of the contract for the Panna-Mukta and Tapti (PMT) oil and gas fields in the Arabian Sea.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 8:24am
- ICICI Bank June Quarter Profit Falls 8%, Meets Estimates
ICICI Bank's domestic loans in the quarter grew 11 per cent from a year earlier. Net interest income rose 8 per cent year-on-year, while fee income increased 10 per cent from a year earlier.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 7:45am
- Axis Scotches Rumours On Shikha Sharma, Reappoints Her For 3 More Years
The unusual announcement comes over 11 months ahead of Shikha Sharma's current term and within a couple of hours of her own comments earlier in the day that left everyone guessing about her next move.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 7:21am
- Snapdeal Sells Freecharge At 90% Discount To Axis Bank
The price paid by Axis Bank for the acquisition -- which will help it double the customer base and address the digitally savvy people -- is also higher than what was reportedly offered by other...
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 6:44am
- Jio Effect: Idea Cellular Posts Third Straight Quarterly Loss
It made a net loss of Rs 815 crore for the three months to June 30, compared with a profit of Rs 220 crore a year earlier.
Posted on:27 Jul 2017 at 6:32am