¤ Home » News » Business News
India Business News - courtesy NDTV
- Asia Shares Gain On Firmer Wall Street, Pound Nurses Losses
Japan's Nikkei edged up 0.2 percent while Australian shares dipped 0.4 percent. China's markets are closed on Monday and Tuesday for a holiday.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 9:58pm
- Indian IT Seen Retaining Net Recruiter Title, But Challenges Visible
Kotak Institutional Equities has said Indian IT companies generally let go of 1-3% employees after annual performance measurement and this year, there could be a slightly higher proportion of layoffs...
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 9:31pm
- DLF Sales Bookings Fall 63% To Rs 1,160 Crore In 2016-17
DLF said the impact of demonetisation on the consumer sentiments has "abated" and hoped that sales in primary market will rise with increase in number of transaction in secondary or resale market.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 9:53am
- Finance Ministry Starts Process For Finding New SBI Chief: Report
For the fourth quarter ended March 2017, SBI reported more than doubling of its net profit on the back of increased lending and reduction in provisioning for bad loans.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 9:47am
- PF Body Raises Equity Investment Limit, Rs 20,000 Crore To Come To Market
The return on investment in ETF was 13.72 per cent, Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya said, adding that Rs 234.86 crore was earned as dividend on the investment.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 8:59am
- GST Impact: Truck Stoppage Time Seen Coming Down By 15-20%
The new GST regime is likely to have a significant bearing on the way transportation and storage of goods happens across the country, domestic rating agency Icra has said.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 8:22am
- Indian Oil Becomes India's Most Profitable Public Sector Company
ONGC was for long India's most profitable company. It lost the crown to Reliance Industries and TCS a couple of years ago.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 7:29am
- India Second Most Complex Tax Jurisdiction In Asia Pacific: Survey
Deloitte surveyed over 300 financial and tax executives on their views of the current and anticipated tax environment of 20 jurisdictions across Asia Pacific.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 7:22am
- Can Rupee Hold 64 Level Against Dollar? Yes, Say Experts
A surge in the past few sessions was on account of foreign institutional inflows into equities and a weak dollar in the overseas market.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 7:18am
- Economic Data, Earnings To Dictate Market Movement: Experts
Major earnings due during the week from BPCL, Coal India, NTPC, L&T, Power Grid, Hindalco Industries and Mahindra & Mahindra.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:18am
- Participatory Note Investments Hit 4-Month Low Of Rs 1.68 Lakh Crore
According to Sebi, the total value of P-Note investments in Indian markets declined to Rs 1,68,545 crore at the end of April, from Rs 1,78,437 crore at the end of March.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:04am
- Fairfax Financial To Sell 12.2% Stake In ICICI Lombard
After the sale, ICICI Bank Ltd will own about 63.3 per cent of the insurer, while Fairfax's stake will come down to about 22.1 per cent.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 5:48am
- GST Rates: Televisions, ACs To Become Costlier, Smartphones Cheaper
The GST Council earlier this month put over 1,200 goods and 500 services in four tax slabs of 5, 12, 18, 28%.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 4:35am
- Here's How Airtel Plans To Counter Reliance Jio's Broadband Entry
Jio's upcoming broadband services or JioFiber has already been tested in few cities and it is expected to be launched soon.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 4:27am
- IT Company Mphasis Says Largely Unaffected By Visa Issue
For the year ended March 31, Mphasis posted a 25.3 per cent jump in net profit at Rs 791.6 crore compared to Rs 631.5 crore in 2015-16.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 4:11am
- From State Bank Of India To HDFC: The Cheapest Home Loans On Offer
From State Bank of India to ICICI Bank, many lenders cut their interest rates on home loans by 15-30 basis points this month.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 2:30am
- GST Impact: Gains To Be 'Far Less' Than Initially Envisioned, Says Nomura
The GST has a multiple rate structure as almost all goods and services have been classified into groups attracting rates of 5, 12, 18 and 28 per cent, respectively.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 1:17am
- Mother Of Uber CEO Killed In Boating Accident
Uber has been rocked by a number of setbacks lately, including accusations of sexual harassment from a former female employee and a video showing its CEO harshly berating an Uber driver.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 12:57am
- RCom Posts Loss Of Rs 966 Crore In Q4, Hit By Price War
Reliance Communications said it made a consolidated net loss of Rs 966 crore ($149.8 million) for its fiscal fourth quarter to March 31, compared with a Rs 90 crore net profit in the corresponding...
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 12:41am
- DLF Promoters, GIC Set To Sign Rs 13,000 Crore Deal
In early March, DLF's promoters KP Singh and family had entered into an exclusivity pact with GIC for the deal.
Posted on:27 May 2017 at 9:17am