¤ Home » News
- Maoists Torch Vehicles, Railway Machine In Dantewada: Police
At least four vehicles and a railway-track laying machine were set ablaze allegedly by Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district this evening, police said.
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 6:56pm
- 'Have No Choice': Farmers Openly Defy Court Order On Stubble Burning
Despite a ban on stubble farming, farmers in Punjab and Haryana seem to be openly defying the order. This despite the farmers knowing that they could face hefty fines, and even jail term for violating...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 3:07pm
- Google Doodle Celebrates Birthday Of Explorer Nain Singh Rawat
Google Doodle today celebrates the birth anniversary Nain Singh Rawat, one of the first pundits to explore the Himalayas for the British. Born in 1830, Nain Singh Rawat hailed from Johar Valley of...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 2:59pm
- Vice President Naidu Undergoes Angiography, Has Stent Placed: Doctors
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday underwent an angiography test at the AIIMS hospital in Delhi following which a stent was placed to treat his condition, doctors said.
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
- Human Rights Debates Only Highlight Rights Of Terrorists: Minister
Why does the debate on human rights only highlight the rights of terrorists and not the victims, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has asked. "In acts of terror, the victims are the biggest...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 2:03pm
- This Is What PM Modi Prayed For At Kedarnath Temple
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who visited the hill shrine of Kedarnath in Uttarakhand on Friday morning, prayed for "India's progress" and well-being of the people of the country. The revelation was...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
- 'Ready For Debate': Pinarayi Vijayan Responds To Amit Shah's Challenge
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Friday hoped state BJP chief Kummanam Rajasekheran will motivate his party's National President Amit Shah for a creative debate on Kerala aiming for its...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 1:28pm
- PM Modi To Visit Gujarat On October 22, To Launch Several Projects
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit poll-bound Gujarat on October 22 for the third time this month, where he will inaugurate and lay foundation stones for a number of projects in Bhavnagar and...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
- It's A Mercenary Movement Not Freedom Struggle: Jitendra Singh On Kashmir
Terming as farce Pakistan's often repeated claim that a "freedom movement" was on in Kashmir, Union Minister Jitendra Singh today said it is a manufactured struggle and a "mercenary movement" that has...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 1:03pm
- Maharashtra Transport Workers' Strike Illegal: Bombay High Court
Bombay High Court has termed a protest by Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation or MSRTC as illegal.
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm
- Upset Over Small Quantity Of Crackers, 15-Year-Old Hangs Self
A 15-year-old boy committed suicide in Chhattisgarh's Surguja district after his parents refused to buy more firecrackers for Diwali. Abhijeet, a class 10th student, hanged himself from a ceiling fan...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 12:24pm
- Bofors Case: CBI Seeks Centres Nod To File Special Leave Petition
The CBI has written to the government for reconsideration of its 2005 decision and allow the agency to file a Special Leave Petition in the Supreme Court in the Bofors case challenging quashing of an...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 12:07pm
- In Rajasthan, New Law To Shield Public Servants From Probe
In a controversial move, the Vasundhara Raje government in Rajasthan has barred courts from taking up private complaints against public servants including lawmakers, ministers and officials without...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 10:16am
- Man Made To Lick His Saliva For Trying To Enter Sarpanch's House In Bihar
A barber was forced to lick his own spit in Bihar's Nalanda district as punishment for allegedly trying to enter the house of the village sarpanch without permission. A case was registered against...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 9:42am
- Maharashtra Transport Workers' Strike: Employees Shave Heads In Protest
The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation or MSRTC has already lost 75 crores due to the employees' strike which has now entered its fourth day and may continue on 'Bhai Dooj' - a festival...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 8:42am
- Virbhadra Singh Wins Round One, But Ticket For Son Not In The Bag Yet
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has shown his party the Congress who is boss in the hill state by turning the process of picking candidates for next month's assembly elections into a...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 8:27am
- India Says Ready For Stronger US Ties After Rex Tillerson's Endorsement
India stands ready to further strengthen ties with the United States, the government said on Friday, after US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson vowed to dramatically expand cooperation as a way to...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 8:13am
- BJP Slams GST References In Tamil Film Mersal, Wants Dialogues Deleted
The BJP in Tamil Nadu has demanded cuts in the week's big Diwali release 'Mersal,' alleging that some dialogues portray "untruths" about new national tax GST or Goods and Services Tax and the centre's...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 7:08am
- Travel Time Of Over 500 Long Distance Trains To Be Cut By Up To 2 Hours
The running time of over 500 long distance trains will soon be cut short by up to two hours, a senior railway official said today.
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 7:05am
- India, Russia Kick-Start Their First Joint Military War Games
India and Russia today kick-started 10 days of large-scale military exercises engaging their armies, navies and air forces for the first time, said the Defence Ministry. The war games began in the...
Posted on:20 Oct 2017 at 6:16am