¤ Home » News
- Climate Change Could Shrink Fish Size By 30 Per Cent, Says Study
Fish are expected to shrink in size by 20 to 30 per cent if ocean temperatures continue to climb due to climate change, a study has warned.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 10:32am
- Mumbai Factory Shut For Dumping Dye After Dogs Turn Blue
A factory in Mumbai accused of dumping dye into a river where several dogs turned blue has been shut down, an official said on Tuesday, after alarming pictures emerged of the brightly-coloured...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 9:24am
- Aadhaar To Be Mandatory For Open School Examination
Aadhaar will now be mandatory for those appearing for open school exams to ensure there are no proxy candidates appearing on others' behalf.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 8:42am
- PM Modi Among Most Vocal Critics Of Triple Talaq: Foreign Media
For hundreds of years, Muslim men in India could divorce their wives by repeating the word "talaq," Arabic for divorce, three times. On Tuesday, the Supreme Court declared the practice...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 7:57am
- Devotees In Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch Gear Up To Welcome Lord Ganesha
Just days ahead of Ganesh Chaturthi, the excitement to welcome Lord Ganesha is at its peak. As the whole country gears up for grand Ganpati celebrations, the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 7:55am
- 'Look Forward To Food Cooked By Mother, Joining Work': Lt Colonel Purohit
Army officer Lt Colonel Prasad Shrikant Purohit will be released from jail today if his bail papers reach Mumbai's Tajola jail by 5.30 pm. The Supreme Court granted bail yesterday to Lt Col Purohit,...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 7:54am
- 'Need To Make India's Development A Mass Movement': PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing nearly 200 industry leaders today to discuss a range of subjects including economic growth and jobs. The two-day event is part of the "Champions of Change"...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 7:31am
- Triple Talaq Verdict A Milestone For Women Empowerment: Yogi Adityanath
The Uttar Pradesh government said today that the Supreme Court's judgement on triple talaq was a "milestone" for women empowerment and will strengthen the secular foundation of the country.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 6:41am
- Mull Over Consequences If Passport Impounded During Travel: High Court
The Delhi High Court has asked the Centre to mull over the consequences Indian citizens would suffer if an order impounding their passport is issued while they are travelling overseas.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 6:39am
- They Met At Mumbai Clinic To Change Gender. Marriage And Baby Next
A couple who fell in love after meeting at a gender-reassignment clinic in Mumbai have announced that they are engaged and planning a traditional wedding.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 6:36am
- Verdict On Triple Talaq Signifies Nation's Progress: Government's Lawyer
The landmark verdict of the Supreme Court setting aside the practice triple talaq among Muslims, "speaks volume about the progress of the nation", Additional Solicitor General Pinky Anand said today.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 6:32am
- Feedback Sought From Parties On Top Court Observation On Contesting Polls
There are apprehensions that disqualifying candidates from contesting polls from the day charges are framed against them in a court -- as observed by the Supreme Court -- may be misused by a party in...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 6:17am
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2017: Pandals To Be Geotagged In Hyderabad By Police
Among the various safety measures taken to ensure smooth Ganpati festivities, the Hyderabad police plan to geotag all Ganesh pandals in the city.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 5:44am
- Tamil Nadu NEET Ordinance: Follow NEET, Says Supreme Court; 10 Points
Delivering a setback to Tamil Nadu, even after its NEET Ordinance, Supreme Court asked the southern state to follow the common entrance scores for medical admission.
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 5:42am
- Triple Talaq Verdict Means 5 Petitioners Not Divorced Anymore: Lawyer
Five women who challenged triple talaq or instant divorce by their husbands on the phone, by WhatsApp or speed post, rejoiced today as the Supreme Court banned the practice as unconstitutional. Their...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 5:42am
- Muslim Board To Plan Future Action On Triple Talaq Verdict In September
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board or AIMPLB will chalk out its future course of action with regard to the Supreme Court's verdict on triple talaq in its working committee meeting slated on...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 5:30am
- Association Of ICSE Schools To Hold Workshop On Misuse Of Social Media
The Association of ICSE Schools in West Bengal will organise a workshop for all its member schools in the city to build an awareness among students about the misuse of social media and the risk of...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 5:28am
- If We Enter India, 'Chaos', Warns China, Says India's Stand Is 'Vicious'
China continued its tirade against India today over a stand-off at the border in Sikkim, warning of "utter chaos" if its troops enter India and declaring Delhi's stand on the confrontation at the...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 5:20am
- Triple Talaq Verdict A Resolute Step Towards A New India: Amit Shah
BJP chief Amit Shah today welcomed the Supreme Court's verdict on triple talaq as "historic" and said it marked the beginning of a new epoch of equality and self respect for Muslim women in the...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 5:07am
- Follow NEET, Tamil Nadu Told After Centre Says It Can't Get Exemption
Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu will have to use a national and common entrance exam as the only basis for admissions, the Supreme Court said today on the NEET, Tamil Nadu, Ordinance, delivering a big...
Posted on:22 Aug 2017 at 4:56am