Times of India - Mumbai News Feed
- Mumbai: By year-end, dial 112 for any emergency
To reduce the time of response to a distress call, the state government plans to set up a single number for all emergencies before the year ends. At present there are three: 100 for the police, 101 for the fire brigade and 108 for the ambulance service.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 7:37pm
- 'Drunk' BSF man assaults RPF cop, arrested
A Border Security Force personnel was arrested for allegedly attacking a Railway Protection Force constable at Titwala station around 12.30 am on Sunday. The railway police said that the accused, Mohan Medkari (37), was drunk.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 7:21pm
- Migrant workers in salt pans brace for uncertain season
Hundreds of miles away from home, 70-year-old Manish Dada has been toiling away for hours under the blazing sun in the salt pans along Wadala. But now the man has a bigger problem on his hands.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 7:10pm
- I-T officer used 5-rupee notes as signals for 2-crore bribe
An income tax officer who was arrested earlier this month in a Rs 2-crore bribery case went about his illegal deeds Bollywood-style, using serial numbers of five-rupee notes as handover signals.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:48pm
- Bahrain sheikh sued for $42.5m as deal to meet film stars sours
The Egyptian businessman, Ahmed Adel Abdallah, alleged that Sheikh Hamad Isa Ali Al Khalifa, a distant cousin of the current King of Bahrain, had given him a list of 26 stars he wished to meet but reneged after meeting four, including Shah Rukh Khan.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 5:58pm
- Cabbie who lost six of family in EFW mishap hangs self
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:18pm
- He dribbled past dyslexia, scored 94.2%
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:23pm
- After scoring 92.4%, young actor awaits release of 2nd film
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:40pm
- It’s win some, lose some for Mumbai CBSE schools
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:35pm
- Autism no barrier for her to pass with flying colours
Nehal Tiwari, a science student of Gopi Birla School, Walkeshwar, has more to be proud of than her board examination score. Nehal, who suffers from autism spectrum disorder, has secured 76.4%.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:38pm
- Three years after Rs 43 thousand card fraud, FIR lodged on CM’s order
A senior citizen from Powai who lost Rs 43,290 to a credit card fraud in August 2014 had to run from pillar to post for almost three years just to get an FIR registered. And that too happened only after the intervention of the chief minister’s office.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 5:51pm
- Cobbler’s son tops school in humanities with 83.8%
After putting in several hours of study every day, Manish Ram, a class XII humanities student from Kendriya Vidyalaya Number 1 in Colaba, topped his class with 83.8%.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 6:43pm
- Admission fever: Students await ISC, state board results
Five years after the Centre decided to give 40% weightage to class XII marks while preparing the JEE (Main) rank list, the policy was scrapped this year.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 2:13pm
- Girl hit by griddle on head back on her feet
The Kapadias from Agripada could not have asked for a better start to the holy month of Ramzan. Their eight-year-old daughter Hazequa—who was critically injured and in a comatose condition after being hit on the head by a 2kg tawa (griddle) that fell from a 20-storey building in Nagpada—has made an incredible recovery, showing no signs of significant brain damage.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 2:04pm
- Supplier stabs businessman over dud cheque row
A businessman from Bhiwandi, Sayyed Samiuddin (55), was kidnapped and assaulted allegedly by the secretary of Raza Academy, Shakeel Raza, and his associates for not withdrawing a case filed against Raza.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 2:01pm
- ‘Treatment sans diagnosis is medical negligence’
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 1:59pm
- Minor abducted from Mankhurd two days ago found in Dharavi warehouse
The Trombay police on Sunday rescued a five-year-old girl from Dharavi who was kidnapped from Maharashtra Nagar in Mankhurd two days ago.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 1:56pm
- BMC digs up Khar road days before rains, residents fume
Less than a fortnight before the onset of monsoon, the BMC on Saturday started work on a stretch of road in Khar leaving residents fuming. The civic deadline for completing road works in the city is June 3.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 1:49pm
- Should review education system every five years: Devendra Fadnavis
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 1:45pm
- Great power comes with great restraint
Being a soldier in Kashmir cannot be easy. Putting oneself in the shoes of Major Gogoi is not a simple thing to do, but it is something we must attempt to do before taking a position on the issue.
Posted on:28 May 2017 at 1:17pm