¤ Home » News » Mumbai News
Times of India - Mumbai News Feed
- 50,000 co-op housing societies in Mumbai and suburbs in GST net
As many as 70,000 co-operative housing societies (CHS) in the state, including 50,000 in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR), will have to register under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime as their annual collections (turnover) are likely to exceed the threshold of Rs 20 lakh. This number was confirmed by senior co-operative officials.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 3:57pm
- Teen's sore eyes refuse to heal, docs find it's drug-resistant TB
The 'stubborn sore eyes' of a Nerul teenager have turned out to be multi-drug resistant tuberculosis.
Posted on:23 Sep 2017 at 6:59pm
- Dollar dreams of IITians stalled, focus shifts to EU, Japan, S’pore
Dollar dreams of some IITians who had bagged US offers from software giants in December 2016 are yet to materialise. Thanks to the Trump administration’s review of the visa policy, some of the best minds in the country who had bagged crore-plus offers are now settling for lesser placements.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 3:58pm
- Congress moves first, cuts Narayan Rane's Konkan base
In a pre-emptive move, state Congress president Ashok Chavan on Saturday dissolved the entire Sindhudurg district Congress committee led by Datta Samant as well as the block Congress committees controlled by senior Congress leader Narayan Rane. Congress expects that sooner or later, Rane will quit the party and join the BJP.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 8:22pm
- Probe into farmer suicide cases must be completed in 1 week: Maharashtra
Taking a serious note of pendency of reports in farmer suicide cases, which leads to several issues while sanctioning compensation to the deceased's family, the state has issued guidelines instructing the way an inquiry should be conducted in such cases.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 8:12pm
- Digital devices put Boisar village on path to progress
At a top floor class room of a modest building at Dandi pada in Boisar, Palghar district around a dozen students, many of them middle-aged men and women, surround their young teacher Devendra Sankhe.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 8:24pm
- A chance to show sacrifice of martyrs is not forgotten
To help you repay some of the massive debt that the country owes to the families of its martyrs and disabled soldiers, six competing crowdfunding platforms in the country will come together during this year's Daan Utsav Week (October 2 to 8).
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 8:18pm
- Sarat Chandra's masterpiece: A play which tackles issues of caste, religion
A KVarious Productions' latest offering Under The Gypsy Moon is a rendition of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay's classic Srikanto. Directed by Akash Khurana, Under The Gypsy Moon will have its opening shows at St. Andrews on September 30 and October 1.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 8:15pm
- In 9 days, pothole officer receives 70 complaints
The nodal officer appointed by the Bombay high court to look into pothole-related grievances has received 70 complaints in nine days.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 8:09pm
- 'Now, getting student visas is easier than H-1B'
Dollar dreams of some IITians who had bagged US offers from software giants in December 2016 are yet to materialise.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 8:01pm
- PM Modi birthday celebrations at Carter Road today
After being denied permission to celebrate the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Nariman Point sea face, the BJP has now switched the event venue to Bandra's Carter Road.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 7:54pm
- Tree falls on car in Bandra, traps family of 4 inside
A major tragedy was averted in Bandra on Friday when a huge tree fell on the car of a family of four. The Bandra residents were trapped inside after a nearly 50-year-old Gulmohar tree fell on their Nissan Micra car.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 7:52pm
- Mumbai looks for ways to convert trash into treasure ahead of October 2 cut-off
What a magician does to a coffin, a man in Chembur did to a massive water tank three months ago. On the behest of the Avanti Niketan Cooperative Society, the hardware expert sliced the unused tank down the middle to give it a new, purposeful life.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 7:47pm
- Organisers devise 'silent' garba to skirt noise pollution curbs
The recent high court strictures on noise pollution during festivals have put fear in the minds of dandia organisers ahead of Navratra.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 7:36pm
- Builder stabbed outside bar after brawl over broken glass, 2 held
A 41-year-old local developer paid with his life for accidentally toppling a glass of alcohol at a restaurant.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 7:33pm
- On the rise: 5 die of lepto, dengue in 2 weeks of September
At least five people, including two children, have died of dengue and leptospirosis in the first two weeks of this month. The civic body said nearly 1,700 people were admitted to various public hospitals for dengue-like illness.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 6:38pm
- Vistadome fare on day 1 costs more than flight ticket
Fare structure of the Vistadome coach, that will be introduced on Dadar-Madgaon Janshatabdi Express from Monday , may prove to be a deterrent for passengers as airfares are comparatively cheaper. Also, taking a flight will cut through the travel time.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 6:35pm
- Seven months after announcing results, B-school changes grades of 400 students
Over 400 first-year students of executive management programme at the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) were in for a rude shock after they found a fresh set of results on their notice board for an exam they appeared in November last year.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 6:32pm
- South Mumbai housing society micro-segregates waste, goes green by recycling it
While several housing societies are raising questions over BMC’s decision to stop collecting wet waste from bulk generators after October 2, a residential complex in South Mumbai seems to have nothing to worry.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 3:11pm
- Govt official molests minor for 2 years, held
The Kharghar police has recently arrested a government clerk for allegedly sexually assaulting a 11-year-old girl, residing in his neighbouring house, over the past two years.
Posted on:16 Sep 2017 at 3:09pm